Please note The company reserves their right to alter/update these terms and conditions as they see fit and without prior notice
- All drivers of the vehicle must be over 21 years of age, hold a current open drivers license, can drive a manual vehicle, and have held that license for more than 2 years.
- All vehicle rentals require a credit card imprint on the rental agreement (debit cards are not suitable).
- A pre-authorization of $2500 is required for all hires, unless vehicle damage excess is reduced; then a pre-authorization of $500 is required.
- All vehicle rentals are per calendar day (not 24 hrs).
- Vehicles are not available for hire to use outside of World Heritage listed Fraser Island National Park or its surrounding areas including Noosa North Shore, Great Sandy National Park (Cooloola National Park) and so on; without written permission from Safari 4wd Hire.
- Directors, managers and staff shall not be responsible or liable for death and/or injury to any person, or loss of/damage to any property due to persons’ negligence.
- Fraser Island is only accessible by 4WD and is an off road environment. The track conditions may be extremely rough at various times of the year.
- Minimum hire periods apply during peak holiday periods, please check when booking.
- Single day hires are not available.
The company has the right to refuse bookings of multiple vehicles and/or groups over 10 people unless they are on a private tag-a-long tour or have submitted a valid credit card for a security pre-authorisation amount determined by management.
Damage Loss Liability
All hire vehicles have a standard damage loss liability for off road use on World Heritage Listed Fraser Island;
The damage loss liability can be reduced to $500 by paying:
$30 per day
You and/or the Authorised Driver must not at any time admit liability for any claim, loss or demand and agree that if such admission is made by You and/or the Authorised Driver then that is a breach of the terms and conditions of your hire agreement
Damage loss liability or reduction of such; does not cover and is at all times during the hire the responsibility of the renter for the following:
- Damage caused where the terms of Rental Contract have been breached.
- Damage caused by negligence. (failure to check and maintain fluids for engine).
- Damage caused to the Vehicle in any way by part or total water submersion in fresh or salt water.
- Damaged caused as a result of a Single Vehicle Accident (an accident not involving another vehicle). Unless otherwise noted on the hire agreement.
- Damage caused to the Vehicle by the renter’s wilful conduct.
- Damage caused to the Vehicle when using the Vehicle in contravention of any legislation or regulation controlling vehicular traffic.
- Damage or loss caused to any personal belongings.
- Damage to the bonnet or the roof of the vehicle buy standing, sitting or placing objects on them.
- Damage to the under body of the vehicle.
- Damage to transmission or gear box, not due to fair ware and tear.
- Damage or loss of vehicle where the keys have been left in the vehicle.
- Re- fuelling a vehicle with the incorrect fuel.
- Damage or loss to a vehicle while trying to avoid contact with a animal.
Bookings cancelled more than 8 days prior to vehicle pick up will incur an administration fee of $15.00.
Bookings cancelled within 7 days prior to vehicle pick up will incur a $300.00 cancellation fee for vehicle hire.
Bookings cancelled within 48 hours prior to vehicle pick up will incur an additional cancellation fee of $160.00 for barge transfers per vehicle. This also includes the cancellation of transfers double booked (i.e. We booked transfers and were not advised by customers they had already booked their own transfers).
Although we are extremely sorry for any of your valuable time lost due to a mechanical failure not caused by your own actions, we must stress that Fraser Island is an extremely harsh off road environment and mechanical failures can happen to even the newest cars, despite the best maintenance practices.
We will, wherever possible, replace the vehicle as soon as possible and extend your hire for equivalent time lost. Please note that we are restricted by car ferry times and tides when replacing vehicles and will not be held liable for delays in delivering vehicles as a result of these conditions.
If an extension of your hire is not possible, we calculate compensation using the following methodology:
- We allow 10 usable hours per day for the vehicle
- We divide the cost you have paid per day by 10 (usable hours/day) leaving us with a dollar per hour figure
- We multiply the number of hours lost by the dollar per hour and refund this amount
Please note we do not compensate for:-
- Personal stress and anguish due to a mechanical breakdown
- Missing connecting travel arrangements
- Use of any other unapproved travel means, or accommodation.
- For having missed places you wished to travel to if you are unable to extend your hire or tides do not allow.
- Time lost due to mechanical failure through no fault of the company
We do not refund money for hires cut short due to:
- Bad weather (unless directed by Queensland parks or Queensland Police personnel to leave the Island).
- Tidal conditions which result in the hirer missing out on places they wished to travel to.
- Shortening of the rental period by the hirer.
- Cars taken from the hirer due to abuse or misuse.
We do charge customers for:
- Late returns
- Vehicles not returned during our office opening hours
- Vehicles not re-fuelled vehilces that have not been washed and cleaned prior to return.
- Burnt out clutch replacement and the associated costs to return the vehicle to our workshop
- Punctures are no charge, however if the tyre is returned un-repairable, due to being staked or driven flat, the hirer will be charged for the cost of replacement.
- Breaches of the hire agreement resulting in damage
All hires have a $15 administration fee in addition to all other charges.
Any changes to a confirmed booking will attract an additional $15 admin fee.
Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
Saturday 8am to 11am Closed 11am to 2pm Open 2pm to 5pm
Sunday 8am to 11am Closed 11am to Open 2pm to 4pm